We at Karo Voyage know you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. This privacy notice tells you what to expect when we collect personal information.
Please read the following to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose information about you when you interact or use our website and/or if you use any of our products and/or services.
What information does Karo Voyage collect?
Information You Provide to Us: When you book a tour for example, we collect your Personal Data, such as name and e-mail address, to provide them with our services providers (i.e. hotels). The types of information we may collect directly from our customers include: names, usernames, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, transactional information (including Services purchased), as well as any other contact or other information they choose to provide us or upload to our systems in connection with the services.
During the booking process you may be asked to provide details of those who stay at home. We assume that you will inform the home-stayers that we have their data in our possession and will only use it in case of a calamity or emergency.
Information we automatically collect:
When you visit our Website, we collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our Website. For further information, please see the section below headed “Cookies and other Tracking Technologies”.
How do we use the information?
We will use the information we collect via our website:
• To administer our website for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
• To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• Analyse customers’ use of the website for trend monitoring, marketing and advertising purposes;
• For purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example, to fulfil your request for booking a tour or to provide you with information you have requested;
• As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
• Services: We may use the information we collect from our customers in connection with the services we provide for a range of reasons, including to:
• To set up a user account,
• Provide, operate and maintain the services;
• Process and complete transactions, and send related information, including transaction confirmations;
• Manage our customers’ use of the Services, respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support;
• Send customers administrative communications;
• Investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities; and
• For any other purposes about which we notify customers.
We may also use the information you send to us via the website to communicate with you via email and, possibly, other means, regarding our products, services and offers we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. However, you will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time.
How do we share and disclose information to third parties?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share and disclose information (including Personal Information) about our customers in the following limited circumstances:
• Other service providers: We may share your information with third party service providers who we employ to perform tasks on our behalf. These companies include (for example) our payment processing providers and hotels.
• People who contact us via social media; If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored for three months. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
Is personal information about me secure?
We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. Among other practices, your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorised access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
• Assisting you in navigation;
• Assisting in registration, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
• Analysing your use of our products, services or applications; and
• Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioural advertising).
We also may use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. This information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make our Services and Websites better for our users.
Your privacy rights - What choices do I have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to book your tour and register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
How to contact us